Energy chews are a great option to take with you on a long distance run or a bike ride as they provide an easily digestible boost of energy that can keep you energized. Let’s get started on our Apple Pie chews recipe.
To make our super simple Apple Pie Chews, follow the following simple steps.
- Add all ingredients together into a small saucepan and put on medium heat
- Heat the mixture until boiling stirring regularly
- Leave to boil or 1 minute while stirring
- Take off the heat and poor into a silicon mold, an ice-tray or another dish
- Leave to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until they have become firm
- Once firm cut into squares and your Apple Pie chews are ready for your next workout!
The chews can be frozen to have them last longer if you make a whole batch. I have included the macros for the whole recipes below so you can cut the mix into the portion sizes you need depending on your requirements. I have however included my recommended portion sizes that I use.
- 125ml Apple Juice
- 12.5g Gelatin
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 75g Brown Rice Syrup
- 3g Himalayan Salt
Makes 14 Chews
Macros For Whole Mix: Calories 470.7, Carbohydrate 103.3g, Sugar 67.9g, Fiber 0g, Protein 12g, Fat 1.8g