This is one of my favorite easy, healthy and tasty recipes that I love to make. Especially when we are on the west coast of Canada because the Salmon is so fresh & delicious!
When you are buying salmon try and buy wild over farmed as they are better for your health.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you try it out let me know how it goes in the comments below, I love to hear from you!
Baked Salmon & Veggies Recipe
Serves 2 people
- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red peppers
- 2 mushrooms
- 2 pieces of salmon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into slices and add to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potato & add in salt, pepper and around ¼ teaspoon turmeric. You don’t need much or it overpowers the taste of the sweet potatoes.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out on a baking tray and put into the oven. Set a timer for 15 minute.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking chop up the other veggies into chunks and add them to the same mixing bowl. Add more olive oil, salt, pepper & turmeric to taste. Mix well so all the veggies are coated in the mix, then put to the side.
- Get out your salmon pieces and drizzle with olive oil and then add salt & pepper.
- After 15 minutes open the oven and turn over the sweet potato slices. Push them to the sides of the baking tray and then add to the tray the salmon and the other veggies.
- Bake for another 15 – 20 mins or until the salmon is cooked as desired.
- Take everything out of the oven and serve. You can do this one with any type of vegetable so mix it up and try out what’s leftover in your fridge.
Want More Recipes Like This One?
Well click below to join our 7 day Clean Living Challenge that includes a full 7 day meal plan full of delicious, healthy recipes just like this one! It will also help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.