So I had a whole bunch of slightly over ripe bananas today and I was wondering what to do with them. Make protein bars of course!
This one tastes awesome, I call it my Banana Honey Protein Bars as they are full of banana and honey deliciousness! They totally taste like a desert! Here is the recipe!
Ingredients for Bottom Layer
- 60g pitted dates
- 30g walnuts
- 20g honey
- 70g vanilla whey protein powder
- 5g cocoa
Ingredients for Top Layer
- 1 banana
- 5g coconut oil
- 20g coconut flour
- 35g vanilla whey protein powder
- Add all the ingredients for the bottom layer into a food processor and mix well
- Mold together into flat bars and put into the fridge. If the mixture is too sticky just add in a little more protein powder or if its too dry just add a little water. Just a teaspoon at a time though, it gets sticky fast!
- Then add the ingredients for the top layer into the food processor and mix well. This mix is a little less firm than the bottom layer but I kinda like it like that. After the chocolate layer is added the soft top layer is all kinds of deliciousness.
- Bring the bottom layer out of the fridge and add the top layer to it. Put the bars back into the fridge.
- Now its time to prepare your melted chocolate. Either melt some dark chocolate, the darker the better, or make your own. I use 4 teaspoons of coconut oil, 6 teaspoons of cocoa and either half a teaspoon of stevia powder or two teaspoons of agave nectar.
- Bring your bars out of the fridge and coat in the chocolate.
- Chill and serve! Yummy!!