Need a yummy smoothy to boost your energy levels and get you ready for the day?
This one is one of my favorites as its super tasty and hydrating and it includes beets which I love because there are so many health benefits of beet juice. It is actually a really great natural sports drink.
See because beets and beet juice is high in nitrates. These are then converted by your body into nitric oxide which helps to improve blood flow to your muscles. This then helps your body produce energy and increases your stamina! Read more in my article about Beets & Endurance here.
Some of the other benefits of beet juice include:
- Beet juice is great for your immune system as they are high in vitamin C.
- Also high in fiber, potassium (great for keeping your muscles and nerves healthy) , manganese (important for your bones and detox organs like your liver) and B vitamins.
- They support your bodies detoxification processes and help to purify your blood and support your liver; and.
- They have high anti- inflammatory properties.
When your buying beets don’t forget to eat your beet greens too! In fact you can add them to the smoothie recipe below or in any other recipe in place of spinach or kale. Beet greens actually have even more iron than spinach and are a great way to mix up your greens!
Red Rocket Smoothie Recipe
- 70g raw beets.
- 70g apple.
- 30g celery.
- 50g strawberries.
- 250ml coconut water (1 cup).
Approx macros per smoothie: Calories 141.1 , Sugar 22.3g, Fibre 5.1, Protein 1.8g, Fat 0.5g
Want more energy?
Do you drag yourself out of bed in the morning?
Do you suffer from the 3pm energy slump every day?
Wish you felt a little more energized when you arrive home from work or want more energy to play with your kids?
Real Energy Food has put together a 3 day energy boosting detox full of recipes and resources to start getting your energy levels back on track. Completely free to download just click on the button below to get your copy!