Been thinking about one on one coaching for your health but not sure if it’s right for you or if you are ready for that type of program?
I get asked a lot about the benefits of coaching and why, for some people, a customized approach is the best way to go. So I wanted to share with you some of my favorite benefits of coaching and whether or not it might be a good fit for you.
Before I dive in however I would love to introduce you to one of my amazing one on one clients Jacqui. Jacqui actually started with one on one coaching, moved to a group program I was running and then has come back to one on one coaching because she loves the customization and the accountability you get from one on one coaching.
I was soooo lucky that this weekend I just happened to be in Brisbane at a conference at the same time as Jacqui was passing through on the way to New Zealand and so we finally got to meet in person. You see Jacqui lives in Japan and so for the past 6 months we have worked together over skype, email and messages.
We got talking about her own health journey over the time we have been working together and so I asked Jacqui to share her coaching experience with you by asking her a few questions:
It’s like having a buddy to chat with, where no question is too silly, where you can get up to date health information and that it will be targeted to work with your lifestyle and limitations. I live overseas. I’m a mum. I am self-employed. These have been barriers to me in the past but not anymore. The biggest misconception I had was that this would be a DIET with calorie-counting and cottage cheese on celery – it couldn’t be further from the truth. It hasn’t been easy but it’s been easier than I would have thought thanks to Karen. I’ve made some real changes and am starting to see benefits – not only the weight loss but also my mental state is improved immeasurably – I am no longer a diet failure!
So What Are The Benefits Of Coaching And Why Does A Customized Plan Work?
We intuitively know that we are all different. What works for your friends or family might not be working for you. There are some super alarming stats in the world of dieting…
- The World Health Statistics show that 95% of dieters regain the weight loss back (and then some) in 15 years after their diet.
- Girls in their teens who start to diet are three times more likely to be overweight (Journal of the American Dietetic Association).
- The Boston Medical Center shows that approximately 45 million Americans diet each year.
- Over 80 percent of 10 year old girls are afraid of being fat. (The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing)
These statistics paint a rather dark picture of weight loss, body image and relationship to food in the western world. What foods and exercise routines work for one person, don’t necessarily work for the other.
Why do you think there are thousands of fad diets out there?
Because each has worked wonders for someone or a group of people. We need to figure out for ourselves what foods feed us best and that’s just one of the ways that one on one coaching can help.
10 Benefits of Coaching
A coach can see things about you that you can’t see. Your strengths, your weakness’ and what you need to work on to get you the results you want!
- Everyone needs an outside perspective sometimes and so a coach can create a safe environment in which clients can see themselves more clearly and identify whats working and whats not working.
- A coach provides the structure, accountability and support often necessary to ensure consistency required to get results.
- A health coach identifies the gaps between where you are now and where you want to be and helps you put together a customized plan to bridge that gap. They can help you wade through the mountains of nutrition research to figure out what works for you and your health.
- Get clear on your goals and what you actually really want.
- Identify blind spots and repeated behaviour that keeps tripping you up so you can put a stop to those habits that are not serving you once and for all.
- A coach helps you focus your efforts. We all only have so much time so a coach will help you identify the easiest changes to make today that will make the biggest impact on your health.
- You feel happier knowing you are supported and have someone invested in helping you achieve your health and wellness goals.
- Health coaches can help you identify the causes of cravings to help you stop emotional eating.
- You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with and so having a healthy influence in your life can help you maintain positive health habits.
- A health coach can teach you techniques to deal with stress and sleep issues not just nutrition. Stress has a huge link to chronic disease and so learning how to get your stress under control can be life changing.
One on One Programs
In my one on one programs we use tools such as questionnaires and/or genetic testing to customise a program just for you! Here what Natalie Sisson had to say about her one on one health coaching program.
If you’re interested in finding out more about whether health coaching might be a good fit for you, you can click HERE to schedule in a discovery call with me to chat about your unique situation and health goals.
To your health,
P.S. You can Click HERE to schedule in a discovery call to see if health coaching and/or genetic testing may be a good fit for you.