How about a delicious drink that is loaded with the essential nutrients that can improve your health? This healthy smoothie will give you the nutritional benefits from berries and green tea.
The Super Green Tea
Green tea comes from the leaves of the Camellia sinesis plant that are steamed and then dried. The plant originated from China and has been used for medicinal purposes. It was then used to treat headaches and depression. It is because of its healing properties that this tea became popular today.
Considered as one of the healthiest beverages, green tea can bring about so many benefits.
- It is loaded with powerful antioxidants that protect the cells and molecules from the damages caused by the free radicals in the body.
- It is also because of the antioxidants present in the tea that lowers the risk of developing cancer.
- It can boost one’s metabolic rate therefore the body is able to burn fat faster.
- It helps improve your dental health and reduce bad breath.
- It can lower the risk of developing Type II Diabetes or cardiovascular diseases.
How amazing is that? Now you know why it’s a super green tea and why we want them on our smoothie.
Fun Fact: Do you know that the amount of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) in green tea is equivalent to that of a lemon?
Now, let’s make our Berry Blast Super Green Tea smoothie.
- 250ml green tea (1 cup)
- 65g blueberries
- 65g raspberries
- juice from half a lime
Just add all the ingredients to your blender, blend and you are ready to go!
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey to health. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.