So I have been thinking about making cauliflower rice for a long time now, it looked like a great rice alternative but I was always put off that it looked kinda hard to make or a little complicated compared to using rice.
OMG soo glad I tried it!
Sooo easy to make and so quick. And my husband loved it.
And it’s such a tasty way to get more vegetables in, next I’ll have to try it out on my 4-year-old nephew 🙂
So here is a super easy cauliflower rice recipe that you can modify in so many ways! Add chicken or lentils or cashews to it, add in any veggies you have in your cupboard, substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos and it might sound weird but I like to add a little-chopped avocado on top too!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup spring onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot chopped finely
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- In a large frypan add a little olive oil and the red onion chopped.
- While the onion is browning cut the cauliflower into pieces and add it to a food processor. Chop in the food processor for about 5-10 seconds. Don’t do it too long as the pieces will get too fine. You want them just a little bigger than a rice kernel.
- Next add into the frypan the mushrooms and the garlic, followed by the celery, zucchini and carrot and mix well for another 5 minutes or until they start to become soft.
- Then crack the eggs into the pan and mix until the egg is all cooked through.
- Next, add the cauliflower rice and sprinkle a little more olive oil on top followed by the soy sauce.
- Cook for another few minutes as the cauliflower doesn’t take long to cook and it’s great to have it just a little crunchy.
- Serve in bowls and top with fresh green onions.
To your health,