Feeling sluggish and sleepy? Here’s one healthy snack that could perk you up and get you back on track. And our (not so secret) ingredient? Matcha.
Matcha is a powdered green tea. Because of its numerous health benefits, this powder is used as an ingredient in some recipes but can also of course be mixed with hot water for a energy boosting green tea.
So, what’s so special about matcha?
- The matcha leaves contain L-Theanin that helps relaxes the body without experiencing drowsiness. You feel more calm yet you still maintain alertness and focus.
- Matcha can boost your immune system because of the presence of antioxidants that helps your body fight off diseases.
- It is a healthy alternative to coffee if you need that extra energy to get you through your day.
- Matcha detoxifies. The high chlorophyll content in matcha is responsible for flushing out the toxins and other chemicals out of your body.
- It can help your body burn fat faster and improve your metabolism rate. It encourages your body to burn more calories when you exercise and after you finish your workout.
Now, here’s how to make your own Chia Seed Matcha Pudding from our guest post author today Cal Mundine from MatchaOcha.
Chia Seed Matcha Pudding
- 1 tsp Culinary Grade Matcha Powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Mix together milk and Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder until completely dissolved.
- Add chia seeds, agave syrup and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a glass/jar/container with a lid and let it sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with nuts, fruits, coconut chips. I added walnuts, hot forest berries and coconut chips!
7 Day Clean Living Challenge
Also, if you haven’t already checked it out, last week I launched a FREE 7 Day Clean Living Challenge – You can join HERE.
This 7 day challenge includes daily emails, all packed with health information, a daily health tip and fun non-food challenge; plus, a FULL 7 day meal plan with tasty, simple, clean recipes and much more.
What is clean living?
In short, clean living is acknowledging that health extends much further than what is on our plate. Clean living is a balanced recipe of stress management, movement we enjoy, real, whole foods, healthy relationships, and fulfilling work.
Are you ready for the challenge?
This program will not be free forever, so don’t miss the opportunity to take the Clean Living 7 Day Challenge and if you have any questions, just hit reply to this email.
Ready to dive in?
Your future self will thank you in 7 days, we promise!
To your health,