This week my blog is being looked after by Malika from Everything’s Better Sprouted and so she has put together one of her mouth- watering recipes for us that is healthy, tasty, and quick to make. Her chocolate protein lava cake is an awesome high protein treat to have after a training session when your craving something sweet. Super delicious you will think your totally undoing all that training but instead you are actually refuelling your body with the protein it needs.
A little intro about this recipe from Malika:
I’m always trying to find ways to healthily my favourite foods! That is how this cake was created. I wanted to make a chocolate cake with extra protein and only good wholesome ingredients. I love hemp protein powder because its easy to digest, its made form plants and its minimally processed. Its not a super sweet cake but it is decadent. The dark chocolate inside will curb your sweet tooth for sure! I used a nice local organic chocolate from Denman Island because I love supporting local businesses. I eat lots of fruit and veggies but sometimes you just need a chocolate treat in your life! Enjoy. 🙂
- 1 bar of quality dark chocolate
- 3 tbs earth balance (vegan butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup hemp protein powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease two small ramekins with coconut oil.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl
- In a heavy saucepan melt the chocolate (1/2 of the bar) and earth balance over low heat, be careful not to burn the chocolate
- Turn off the heat and add the vanilla and eggs. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Divide the cake batter between the two ramekins and push two pieces of chocolate into the middle of each cake.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.