If there is one thing that you’d notice first about berries, it’s their vibrant colors. They look great and are extremely amazing for your health. There are so many berry benefits. They can do wonders to your body because of the amount of nutrition that you can get from these superfoods. You will thank yourself in the future for including these healthy berries in your diet.
So What Are Some Berry Benefits?
- Berries are high in phytochemicals and they help protect your cells from getting damaged.
- They are rich in flavonoids and these help in lowering the risk of Parkinson’s disease and even cancer.
- They keep your mind sharp.
- They help in delaying the decline in your cognitive function.
- Berries are great snacks because they can give you that sense of fullness.
- They help in lowering your blood pressure.
- They are good for your heart and your brain.
Here’s a Tip: If you intend to freeze your blueberries, just pick them, put them in the freezer bag and into the freezer. Don’t wash them. This way you won’t remove the fruit’s protective coating known as the bloom. The coating prevents the blueberries from sticking together.
Now, on to todays recipe.
Green Tea Berry Blast Chews
- 1/2 cup green tea
- 130g coconut sugar
- 130g berries (I used 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries)
- 25g gelatin
- 50g brown rice syrup
- 2g Himalayan sea salt
Macros for the whole mix: Calories 927.9, Carbohydrates 208.8g, Sugar 179.6g Protein 22.4g Fat 0.7g
Cut into cubes depending on how many calories you want per chew. I cut mine into 28 pieces so around 33 calories per chew. This makes 28 servings.
- Simply add all the ingredients together into a saucepan and heat on medium heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Leave the mix boiling stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off the heat and pour into your choice of mould or a lined baking tray. I use small loaf silicon baking trays and then simply cut into cubes once set. I find the mixture never sticks to the silicon and so it’s easy to remove your chews from the mould once it sets.
- Leave the chews to set in the fridge for at least an hour or until they have the required texture. Then they are good to cut into the sizes you want and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you can also try the Berry Blast Green Tea Smoothie and experience these healthy berries as a delicious and energizing smoothie.
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.