Nut butter has increased its popularity in the health world for the right reasons. Well at least natural and healthy nut butter without added ingredients. These are good for you and your overall health. They are a great addition to your food if you don’t have any allergies and they are super yummy. Incorporating them in your meals or snacks is one way of boosting the nutrition that you can get in one serving. Examples of nut butters are almond butter, almond, Brazilian nut and cashew butter, sunflower seed butter and tahini.
- They are high in protein.
- They can boost your metabolism and immunity.
- It contains healthy fats and fibre.
- It has calcium, magnesium, folate and iron.
Now let’s make our delicious treat with the healthy nut butter.
- 50g nut butter
- 50g brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon agar agar
- 2g Himalayan sea salt
- Add all the ingredients together into a saucepan and heat on medium heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Leave the mix boiling and stir it regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and pour them into the mould of your choice or into a lined baking tray.
- Leave the chews to set in the fridge for at least an hour or until they have the required texture.
- When it’s set cut them into the sizes you prefer.
Macros for the Whole Mix: Calories 550, Carbohydrates 66.3g, Sugar 39.5g, Protein 14.3g, Fat 25.3g
TIP: Cut the whole mix into cubes depending on how many calories you want per chew. You can cut them into 14 pieces so each chew has around 40 calories each.
Want your faviouite ingredient in a chew but don’t know where to start? Post a comment below and state which ingredient you would love to see in a chew and we will do our best to incorporate it into a yummy recipe.