There are so many different protein powders to choose from these days. I use a lot of different ones in my recipes as long as they don’t have too much sugar, any artificial sweeteners or flavors or any other chemicals or additives included in the ingredients. Otherwise I experiment with whey protein powders, brown rice protein powders, pea protein powders and some combinations of these and more ( I don’t like to use soy protein powder however see why here).
Today I’m passing the blog over to Charlotte who’s favorite protein powder at the moment is hemp protein powder. Do you like and use hemp protein powder? I’d love to know what you think of it in the comments below!
Here are the 5 things Charlotte loves about hemp protein powder.
5 Things I Love About Hemp Protein Powder
Hemp protein powder is made from milling the edible seeds of the hemp plant into a powder. It’s a great vegan source of high quality protein that helps you build and repair muscle and tissue in your body. Hemp has extremely low or unable to measure quantities of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is found in other varieties of cannabis. It really is a superfood so here are 5 reasons to add some hemp protein powder to your next shake or homemade protein bar.
- A Vegan Source of Protein – Just two tablespoons of hemp protein powder gives you about 15 grams of protein including branched-chain amino acids (BCAA). These amino acids fuel your muscles to help you get more out of your workout. Hemp seeds are one of the few plant protein sources that contain all the essential amino acids making hemp protein powder a great source of protein for vegans.
- An Awesome Source of Essential Fatty Acids – Hemp seeds are a great source of essential patty acids including Omega -3 fatty acids. These healthy fats help to reduce inflammation, prevent heart disease and can even help to improve neurological conditions.
- A Great Source of Fibre – Hemp protein powder packs a whole bunch more fibre in every scoop when compared to whey or other dairy based protein powders. Fibre is great for your heart health and a healthy digestive system.
- Can Help Boost Your Immune System – Hemp seeds can help improve your immune system and reduce your blood pressure
- Can Help Increase Your Energy and Reduce Food Cravings – Hemp protein powder can contribute to increased energy and productivity levels and actually help improve your metabolism. It may also help reduce your food cravings and level out your blood sugar.
So how do you incorporate hemp protein powder into your diet? Well my favorite hemp protein powder at the moment is Chocolate Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder.
Need a recipe to give it a go? Try this one:
Choc Goji Protein Shake
- 25g Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder
- 5g Raw Cacao
- 250ml Almond Milk (1 cup)
- 10g Goji Berries
Have you got a favorite way to use hemp protein powder? Let us know in the comments below!