This high protein recipe can be made with any type of fruit however today I had banana and blueberries in the house and I also just love that combination! This recipe makes about 15 delicious mini-muffins that are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and free of anything artificial!
I made them in my new silicone mini-muffin trays (in my favorite colour!) which were awesome. Does anyone else use these regularly? Let me know if you have some brand recommendations Im putting together an article on some of the best ones out there. I couldn’t believe how well the muffins came out of the tray without any oil, butter, sprays etc. I also have made some non-bake protein bars in one of my other silicone trays. I used to have a problem with the melted chocolate sticking to the trays and plates I used. However problem solved with my new bakeware!
These are super super super easy and super super tasty. Let me know how you go 🙂
High Protein Recipe Ingredients
- 2 large bananas
- 2 medjool dates (35g)
- 40g unflavored pea protein powder (you can use vanilla flavor as well)
- 40g coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 3 eggs
Mini Muffin Creation
- This one is super easy to make! Preheat your oven to 150 degree Celsius (about 300 fahrenheit).
- Then just add all the ingredients except your blueberries, in together into your food processor.
- Make sure its mixed together really well then either get your muffin tray ready or use one of these silicone trays. I knew they were non-stick but I really didn’t expect them to be quite so non-stick. The muffins just slide out. Awesome!
- Add a little bit of the muffin mix into your tray. Then add a couple of blueberries before topping off the muffin with the banana mixture. That way the blueberries are captured inside the mini-muffins.
- Then pop them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out and check that the middle is done with your knife. Then I left to cool for about 15 minutes before eating them warm. Delicious!!!!
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.