I used to spend a fortune on energy chomps and chews to take out cycling and running with me. But then I learnt how easy it was to make them at home. I also realised that I could make my homemade ones just like I wanted, with ingredients that suited me.
I generally use either gelatine or agar powder to make my chews. Today in my video I’m making vegan friendly kiwi fruit chews and so I use agar powder to create the chew consistency.
Just want the recipe? Here is how easy it is!
Just take the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup fruit juice or blended fruit ( I used kiwi fruit for this recipe)
- 40g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of agar powder
Agar is made from seaweed and has been used for hundreds of years by the Japanese and Chinese. It’s a good source of calcium & iron but contains very few calories. Great to use in your homemade energy chews, especially if you don’t eat gelatine which is the other easy option to use.
I would love to know what flavor energy chews you would like to see me make in the comments below.
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.