This is one of the quickest and easiest healthy breakky options and I soo love that you can make it the night before so it’s ready to grab the next day.
You can also completely customise it and make different flavors to mix it up.
My sister makes it for me with grated apple and soaks the oats in apple juice instead of almond milk and its super yummy that way too!
I also love to add frozen berries the night before or some mashed banana is also really yummy to add!
Ok so how do we make overnight oats?
- 1/2 cup of steel cut rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
1. Add all ingredients into a mason jar or tall glass with lid.
2. Mix so the oats are covered by liquid.
3. Leave in the fridge overnight and in the morning you have overnight oats ready to stir & serve.
4. Try adding almond butter, hemp seeds, goji berries , 1/2 mashed banana or some fresh berries to mix it up.
5. Another delicious option is to add a dollop of greek yogurt to it in the morning! Yummo!
To your health