So a few weeks ago a finally invested in a spiralizer and my zoodles have been transformed!!
While traveling I just used a potato peeler and that works totally fine. But now that I’m back in Perth for a little while I was super excited to get a spiralizer to make my zoodles and salads just that much prettier (pretty food tastes better right?).
Zoodles are such a fun pasta replacement and you can mix and match so many different toppings and sauces to make them delicious. One of my favorite ways to make them is just by simply adding pesto and cherry tomatoes. This makes a quick and easy meal or yesterday I had them as a side to some chicken schnitzel (who wants to see a healthy chicken schnitzel recipe?).
Now I have included below a yummy pesto recipe however you can also keep a jar of pre-made pesto in your cupboard to grab out when you need it. Just check your ingredient lists!
Let me know in the comments if you also make zoodles and what your favorite variations are? I would love to try some new ones 🙂
- 2 large zucchini – This will serve two people or more if your having it as a side.
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
Directions for Zoodles:
1. Use a spirilizer or potato peeler to make noodles out of the zucchini and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Add the noodles to a large frypan with a dash of coconut oil or olive oil.
3. Add the pesto to the frypan right away. The zoodles cook super fast and so you don’t need to have them cooking at all before you add in the pesto.
4. Add in the cherry tomatoes and stir for around 5 minutes or until everything is mixed through and zucchini is just starting to get soft. Literally this is all you will need as the noodles get soft fast.
5. Option to also top with chicken, steamed greens, mushrooms or have as a side to another dish.
Kale & Basil Pesto
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh kale (remove the stalks first)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (pine nuts can be expensive-feel free to sub out for walnuts, almonds or the nut of your choice)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium garlic cloves
To make the pesto simply combine all ingredients and blend until desired texture.
I hope you love this one as much as I do.
It’s a total favorite with our Clean Living 30 Day Challenge participants!
To your health
P.S. If you are struggling to lose weight or meet the health goals you want despite doing all “the right things” click below on my new free quiz to find out whats holding you back and what you can do about it. It may not be what you think 🙂