Anyone else LOVE peanut butter?
I am a big peanut butter fan so when Adam from American Gainz Nutrition sent me some powered peanut butter to try out I was super excited.
Now don’t get me wrong. Normal peanut butter will always have a place in my cupboard although when you are buying peanut butter make sure you check your ingredient lists. You want to see just one item. Peanuts. That’s all. Avoid the ones with added sugar, salt, artificial sweeteners or vegetable oils!
And the same goes with your powered peanut butters. Avoid ones with added sugar and salt and go for a brand (like American Gainz) that has just one ingredient in it. Peanuts.
So what’s the deal with powdered peanut butter anyways?
Powdered peanut butter is made by mechanically pressing slow roasted peanuts, which removes 85% of the fat and forms an easy to use powder. (Remember fat isn’t bad for you though, click HERE to learn about good fats and bad fats). But
Want to know what it tastes like? Check out the video below or keep reading!
It’s great to add to smoothies, sprinkle on top of a smoothie bowl or to use for making bliss balls and protein balls as well as baking things like muffins or protein bars.
This particular powdered peanut butter from American Gainz Nutrition has:
- No additives, no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colours, no sugar or salt,
- Gluten free and kosher
- Dairy, soy and preservative free
- Vitamin E – which reduces oxidative stress and is a powerful antioxidant
- Oleic Acid which improves cardiovascular health
- Zinc which helps with muscle repair; and
- Iron which helps promote oxygen delivery to muscles and tissues.
It’s also really tastes like peanut butter (delicious) and so you can also mix it with water to make a peanut butter spread. Great to have in your cupboard as each scoop (24g) contains 10g protein and 2g BCAAs. So something to mix up your protein powders with.
And did I mention it tastes just like peanut butter!
American Gainz Protein Powders
I also got to try some other American Gainz products including their Whey Protein Hydrolysate – Tactical Recover and their Micellar Casein and Whey Protein Powder – Strength.
What I liked about them:
- The founder of American Gainz is really dedicated to the quality of his powders and all his products are made in the USA,
- They both have 25g protein per scoop and no added sugar,
- They only use whey protein from pasture fed cows,
- Their flavors are great, vanilla and chocolate.
- STRENGTH contains a 70/30 ratio of premium micellar casein and whey. As a slower digestive protein, micellar casein provides constant amino acids over a longer period of time than whey protein alone, and has a proven reputation as the best slow-burning muscle builder, strength developer, and fat burner.
- Tactical Recovery is fortified with a 2:1:1 ratio (maximizing bio-availability) of ADDED BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine) to kick start protein synthesis and fight muscle fatigue.
What I didn’t love:
- So they taste really good but they are a little sweet for me. If you’re used to a sweeter protein powder though you will probably like the taste, I’m just not used to eating a lot of sweetened foods.
- They contain sucralose which is an artificial sweetener however the amount in these powders is significantly less than in other protein powders with only a fraction of a gram per serving and so they are a better option than a lot of the other powders out there. I did speak to the founder about this however and he said since hydrolyzed why and BCAAs are so bitter it was really difficult to build a product that gave the muscle recovery results he was after without making it taste intolerable. Still I prefer to avoid artificial sweeteners myself but if you are looking for something with the amount and quality of protein these products have for recovery after intense workouts then this would still be a good choice.
If you have any questions about these powders or any other protein powders let me know in the comments below! Also I would love to know if there are any other recipes that you love to use the powdered peanut butter for as I’m seriously loving this product and excited to use it more!
To your health
P.S. If you are struggling to lose weight or meet the health goals you want despite doing all “the right things” click below on my new free quiz to find out whats holding you back and what you can do about it. It may not be what you think 🙂