Sometimes I just feel like a cookie!
But generally cookies have a way too high calorie to enjoyment ratio for me to go anywhere near them. Except of course if they are a homemade protein cookie!
I made these over the Christmas holidays. So that at least for some of the time I could pretend I was having something naughty, while actually having a healthy protein cookie. The rest of the time I was eating Ferro Roche’s 🙂
These cookies are so easy to make you pretty much just need coconut products and some chocolate and you are ready to go. I used Coconut oil, coconut flour and unsweetened desiccated coconut in this one. Want to know more about why I love coconut? Check out my post all about coconut here!
Ok so how do we make these cookies?
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 50g Vanilla or Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 30g Coconut Flour
- 20g Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 20g Raw Cacao
- 40ml Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
Turn on your oven and pre-heat to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Get out a baking tray and line with some baking paper unless you are using silicon bakeware like I did.
Add all the ingredients together into a mixing bowl or food processor and mix through until all the ingredients are well blended.
Then separate into 5 portions and roll into balls. Push the balls down into little cookie shapes into the baking paper or baking tray.
Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Enjoy your protein Cookie!
Each cookie has :
- 137 calories,
- 8.5g carbohydrate of which 2g is sugars and 3.5g is fibre,
- 10.8g protein; and
- 6.8g of fat.
Not bad for a yummy holiday cookie!
Like this recipe? I would love to hear from you in the comments below. What do you use coconut oil for? I would love to see what your favorite baking recipe is that uses coconut oil! Let me know in the comments!
Want To Get Better Results, In Less Time With More Accountability?
Well to cut out the guess work I have put together a 7 day Clean Living Challenge to help keep you accountable and supported as you get started on your journey. This free 7 day program will help you:
- Learn how to recognize what foods work for you and what foods don’t
- Discover how to destress your body including tips for first time meditators
- Start feeling healthy & happy again with actionable strategies
- Get back into the kitchen with fast, healthy & tasty meal plans
- Progress towards food freedom. No more worrying about what to eat and when. No more willpower required.